New and updated
Eating seasonally means your being kinder to yourself and the planet
It’s strawberry season! Now is the best time to savour some juicy and flavorful berries. Eating strawberries when they’re in season ensures that you taste them at their best. Don’t miss out on the chance to enjoy the freshest and most delicious strawberries of the year.
It may come as a surprise, but approximately 80% of the strawberries available for purchase in the UK are actually grown locally. This fact highlights an opportunity for consumers to buy locally grown produce, rather than opting for imported alternatives. Although UK-grown strawberries are typically only available during the summer months of June to September, they are a popular addition to most households. Let’s make a conscious effort to support local farmers and indulge in the delectable taste of fresh, locally grown strawberries!
- Lowers your carbon footprint
- Reduces your chances of eating chemicals – including preservatives
- Supports your local farmers & community
- Tastes better!
- Slice the fresh strawberries into bite-sized pieces.
- In a glass or a bowl, layer the ingredients to create a delightful parfait. Start with a spoonful of Greek yoghurt at the bottom of the glass.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries on top of the yoghurt.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of granola or crunchy cereal over the strawberries, creating a delightful crunch.
- Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the glass, finishing with a layer of strawberries.
- Drizzle a small amount of honey or maple syrup over the top for an extra touch of sweetness.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves for a pop of colour and a refreshing aroma.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the delectable layers of creamy yoghurt, juicy strawberries, and crunchy granola.
We have more information on what to eat this season coming up! To find out more about eating seasonally, make sure you check out our hotel interviews!